BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, is responsible for, but not limited to, managing the payroll and billing process of the organization. Responsible for preparation of salaried staff payroll. Will assist with accounts payable and provide assistance with other accounting procedures as necessary to accomplish overall fiscal department operations. Provides supervision to assigned fiscal staff.
- Manages/oversees applicable direct and third-party billing and payroll processes.
- Serves as liaison and organization representative with regard to resolving admission/enrollment and provider finance-related matters.
- Develops and completes assigned fiscal staff evaluations/standards.
- Monitors accounts receivable and initiates appropriate follow-up and collection procedures when necessary, in a timely manner.
- Assists with and/or prepares accounts payable making appropriate contacts with vendors as necessary to resolve discrepancies.
- Assists with accounting procedures including general ledger entry preparation.
- Maintains positive relationships with billing/referral sources, vendors and community.
- Prepares required reports and assists in completion of required reports by local, state and federal entities.
- Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
- Serves on agency committees as may be assigned or offered.
- Maintains an obligation to report wrong doing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations, as pertaining to agency operations to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other
additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and/or appropriate by the immediate supervisor, Chief Financial Officer and/or the Administrator/CEO.
- Associate’s degree. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting, business, math or similar field preferred.
- Four (4) years related work experience which shall include at least two (2) years in a supervisory position. Prefer six (6) years related work experience which shall include at least two (2) years in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrated supervisory and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy required with Microsoft Suite with strong Excel skills.
- Abila accounting software preferred.
- Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
- Availability by phone.
- Other requirements (physical) – see attached.